Thursday, May 20, 2010

Proud Mum Moment # 23, 346....

Yet another moment that validates your decision to become a parent. Watching my DS run in the Track Meet today with his school relay team. He originally was picked as a 'sub', but being the team player that he is, was fine with that and religiously went out to all practices knowing fine well he may not be running on the day of the event.

2 days ago he finds out that someone is dropping out, and is pleased as punch to be able to participate.

His heat is in position and the gun is fired. I watch my DS, take the baton from Runner #2 and run with every ounce of adrenalin he can produce. The baton is passed off to the anchor, and Rolling Meadows PS, wins the 400m relay.

I'm so proud of my boy. Not because of first place, but for the team spirit he possesses, and the confidence he has to try out for everything that he does. Bless 'im !!!! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment